Sunday, June 17, 2012

Foot and Body Project


This project was a continuation on my other body part projects. In this one I had to model a foot and then combine all the elements to form the body. For the foot, I used the same tactics that I used for making the hand. I started with a cube, shaped it to the foot. Added edge loops where needed, to give more definition and then created the ankle hole and toe webbings and holes. I formed the foot further, trying to add in indentures where the foot arches and falls against the ground. I also tried to add in more cushion on certain areas of the foot around the toes, side of the foot, and heel. I formed the toes last and separately, by using the finger technique and creating them out of a cylinder, shaping them and then duplicating, and combining. Although I was aware her toes weren’t all the same shape, so I formed the arches on the knuckles of the smaller toes by pulling up and forward on a top edge on each toe.  





Later when combing all the elements of my female body together I first imported everything I needed (hands and feet) and then I began attach in the necessary areas. I only worked with half the model making it easier.  Deleting all my old image planes I imported new ones that included the entire body, and lined them up. I resized my body, hand and feet to the picture reference to make sure everything was in proportioned. I lined up and clean-up a few edges and then mirrored over the geometry of the whole thing which perfectly fit together and merged in one move.




No comments:

Post a Comment